We all have the same 24 hours in the day. Getting the most out of it is a challenge and staying productive can be difficult. We are busy in the present, consumed by the future and constantly distracted by texts, tweets, pings and notifications.
Start-ups are no exception. As a small team, we wear a lot of different hats and juggle a lot of responsibilities. Effectively managing our time and prioritizing tasks is incredibly important; productivity equals revenue. We learned a lot in our first year of business and we all had our ways for making sure things got done. We've compiled a list of our top productivity tips and are sharing them to help you get the most out of your day. We like to think we know a thing or two; after all we are in the business of saving time.
Here's our list of top productivity tips from a start-up with a productivity tool:
- Define a SHORT list of priorities: What are the 2 to 3 things that have to get done today? Understanding what is truly important helps focus the team and ensures we are all reaching towards the same goals.
- Do the worst things first: The morning tends to be the most productive time of the day for most people so do the worst things first, get it over with and move on.
- Start what you finish: Getting started is the only the first step towards achieving your goal. When taking on a new task make sure it's something you believe in and want to finish, that you have a plan and you've budgeted enough time to complete it.
- Take time to celebrate the wins: This increases motivation, builds momentum and reminds us why we set the goal in the first place.
- Make SMART goals: Set yourself up for success by clearly defining what your goal is.
- Delegate: Focus on what you are good at. Let's face it, that's not reviewing contracts. Use Beagle to review a contract first and save 50% more time. (Totally shameless plug)
- Start the week on Sunday: Give yourself a headstart and spend a few minutes Sunday (or Friday) and review what you have planned for the coming week.
- Take care of yourself: Take breaks during the day, make time for yourself and clear your mind.
- Set the team up for success: When starting a new project give the team the tools, resources and information they need so they don’t have to go hunting for information and get side tracked.
- Turn off alerts: If your phone is constantly vibrating with notifications turn it off, it’s a distraction. Give yourself dedicated time to check social media.
Take Beagle for a walk today. Enjoy unlimited contract review free for 7 days.